- Amumu is highly dependent on teammates, so try laning with your friends for maximum effectiveness.
- Cooldown Reduction on Amumu is very strong, but it's often difficult to itemize for it. Grab the Golem buff whenever possible to gain Cooldown Reduction without sacrificing stats.
- Despair is very effective against other tanks, so make sure you're in range of opponents with the highest Health.
- Avoid bunching up with other allies when Amumu has his ultimate available.
- Erratic movement, or hiding behind creep waves can make it difficult for Amumu to instigate a fight with Bandage Toss.
- Amumu's Despair makes purchasing primarily Health items a risky proposition.
Legend claims that Amumu is a lonely and melancholy soul from ancient Shurima, roaming the world in search of a friend. Doomed by an ancient curse to remain alone forever, his touch is death, his affection ruin. Those who claim to have seen him describe a living cadaver, small in stature and wrapped in creeping bandages. Amumu has inspired myths, songs, and folklore told and retold for generations—such that it is impossible to separate truth from fiction.